Household Insurance

Total Cover for Your Home and All Your Possessions with Tanner Financial Services Ltd

Home Insurance

There are three main types of home insurance; buildings insurance, contents insurance and personal possessions insurance. If you would like to speak to an insurance and mortgage broker in Bristol, Bath or throughout the UK, contact us today at Tanner Financial Services Ltd for a friendly chat.




Buildings Insurance

Buildings insurance covers the cost of repairing damage to the structure of your property. Garages, sheds and fences are also covered, as well as the cost of replacing items such as pipes, cables and drains.

Your insurance should cover the full cost of rebuilding your house. This also includes the costs of demolition, site clearance, architects' fees and alternative accommodation.

Buildings insurance usually covers loss or damage caused by:

  • Fire, explosion, storms, floods and earthquakes
  • Theft, attempted theft and vandalism
  • Frozen and burst pipes
  • Fallen trees, lampposts, aerials or satellite dishes
  • Subsidence
  • Vehicle or aircraft collisions

Buildings insurance will be a condition of the mortgage if you buy a house using a mortgage. When buying a house, you should take out buildings insurance when you exchange contracts. If you sell a house, you are responsible for looking after it until the sale is completed so you should keep your insurance cover until then.

Buildings insurance isn't compulsory when you own a property outright but it is advisable. Think about how you would afford to rebuild your house if it were damaged or destroyed.

For more information about our buildings insurance and mortgage broker services in Bristol, Bath and the UK, contact us at Tanner Financial Services Ltd.

Enquire Now




Contents Insurance

Home contents insurance covers the cost of replacing your belongings in your home if they are damaged, destroyed or stolen. As a general rule, your ‘contents’ are the items that you would take with if you moved home. These include but are not limited to:

  • Furniture: beds, sofas, wardrobes and dining tables and chairs
  • Kitchenware: cutlery, cookware, microwaves and kettles
  • Entertainment: video games, toys, DVDs and CDs
  • Soft furnishings: cushions, curtains and bedding
  • Electricals: TVs, laptops and game consoles
  • Clothes and jewellery
  • Ornaments and antiques

Contents insurance can be bought as a stand-alone policy or as part of a combined home insurance policy with buildings insurance.

Enquire Now




mortgage broker in bristol

Personal Possessions

Personal possessions insurance is a policy that protects your belongings from loss, theft or accidental damage when they are out of your home. When you buy home insurance, possessions insurance is usually an optional extra that is not included as standard.

We carry a lot of important things with us when we leave the house, such as mobile phones, wallets, laptops and keys, and a personal possessions insurance policy can ensure that you are financially covered for the loss, theft or damage of these items if it occurs outside of your home.

If you regularly have expensive items on your person when you leave the house it may be worth considering possessions insurance as it can give you better value for money and more flexibility than contents insurance.

Enquire Now




For more information on our wide range of services, get in touch with us today!


Get in Touch

If you are looking for an insurance or mortgage broker in Bristol, Somerset and the UK, get in touch with Tanner Financial Services Ltd to arrange a consultation.

Select one option

See our privacy policy.
This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Areas We Serve